Apple maple bacon pupcakes sounds good enough for me to eat. This recipe was sent into MyOodle last year by Sharon. Yum!
2 cups water
¼ tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp maple syrup
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup chopped apples (about 1 apple)
1 tub cream cheese at room temperature
¼ cup of plain yoghurt
Bag of mini bacon flavoured dog treats
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
- In a large bowl mix water, vanilla, egg and maple syrup together with a whisk.
- Combine whole wheat flour and baking powder and stir into wet ingredients.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Spoon mixture into greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes; let cool.
- Whip the cream cheese and yoghurt with an electric mixer with the whisk attachment until smooth and light.
- Pipe onto the top of the cooled pupcakes.
- Top with a bacon bite.
If you have a dog friendly recipe you'd like to share on MyOodle please contact me.